Red Wine Vinegar Chicken
I am a lucky girl. The hubs was feeling extra culinary this week and has decided to share his recipe for red wine vinegar chicken.
The original recipe was posted on http://www.food.com, but here’s how it’s done at our house:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 red ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Brown the seasoned chicken in batches in the butter with a bit of oil as well to stop it burning.
- Drain fat from skillet and return chicken to skillet.
- Slowly pour the vinegar into the hot pan to deglaze. Stand back from fumes!
- Over med-high heat, reduce the vinegar by about half, turning chicken periodically to bathe it.
- Add tomatoes and stock, cover and simmer gently until flavors melded and mingled, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, set aside the chicken and keep warm.
- In the pan, whisk in a pat of butter.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and then sprinkle with herbs.
- Enjoy with pasta shells or your choice of sides.
And, some action photos to make this post extra interesting: (I know it’s really just about the pictures.)