What’s a Blog without a Prize Giveaway?
Now that I have officially decided I do actually blog and can call myself a ‘blogger.’ I have also decided that no self-respecting blogger can be read in public until they have had a giveaway or prize or contest or something. Well, really, it’s more like I have seen everyone else giving bloggy love out there to the masses and I want in on it.
So, what am I giving away?
One homemade jar of pickle purple prize goodness. Oh, ya. The pickled purple green beans!
When I was packing these pretty little legumes up in the jar, I wondered, “will they stay purple?” When I cooked them like normal green beans, the color steams away with the water. I don’t know whether this will happen with pickling or not. Who knows? Well, one lucky winner will find out!
How do you enter? Easy. Comment on this post with your idea on what happens to the purple. Will the pickling help the beans stay purple? Will the purple go on an adventure? Be creative. Be silly. Be scientific. I will find some magical way to combine all of the responses into a weird blog post about purple green beans and, then, randomly chose one lucky winner to ship a jar of dill pickled purple green beans.
Here are the rules:
- Contest starts now.
- Contest ends September 15, 2012, at midnight PST. I will attempt to post the winner by September 18, 2012.
- Winner must live in the continental US. I don’t think I can ship the beans out of the country. That might be unreasonably complicated. Sorry.
- Extra entry in the contest for reblogging this post.
- Extra entry in the contest for Tweeting this post to your followers with the hashtag: #freshveggiesinthedesert.
- Extra entry in the contest for following me on Facebook — see the link over on the right hand side of this page.
- Extra entry in the contest for sharing this post with your Facebook followers.
- Extra entry in the contest for pinning this post on Pinterest.
- Post your extra entry information in the comments with your official answer to the question “What happens to the purple when you cook a purple green bean?”
In my real life, for-pay, job, I work for a bunch of attorneys so I feel obligated to add the following statements:
- This contest is for fun. There is no monetary value to the jar of beans that I am giving away. If anything, it is costing me time and money to send it to you.
- I made this jar of dill pickled goodness with the same care that I did several other jars of pickled things. If you get sick from it, so will we. I am not trying to poison you and my family. Eat at your own risk. Welcome to my world.
- And, I will pack the jar to the best of my abilities for shipping. If it breaks, I do not have a replacement jar of purple, pickled green beans. C’est la vie. Sorry. I will cry for you because I know they are awesome and receiving a soggy, broken box of dill gross-ness will suck.