Warm, Fuzzy Bloggy Love
I have to admit that I am more than proud to be nominated for any kind of blog-appreciation so when I saw that my friend over at Inherchucks gave me some blog lovin’, I was giddy with excitement. Check this out, she nominated me for Versatile Blogger Award and One Lovely Blog Award honors!
This was exactly the boost that I needed. I just started this whole bloggerific experience in April so I completely appreciated a nice pat on the keyboard. Thanks!
The deal with this whole thing is to share some information about yourself and then share some blog love with someone else. It’s like blog chain mail but (so far) no one has promised a million dollars or good luck or bad voodoo or anything. I look at it as a nice way to share some kindness and promote the blogs you love, too.
Here we go … Seven Things about Me:
1. I am a Mommy to a handsome, three year old, aka Little Dude, who challenges me daily. I am not a Mommy-Blogger but I love to read the posts of Mommy-Bloggers.
2. I have a wicked sharp sense of humor that gets me into trouble daily. Expect sarcasm from me at all times.
3. I have a handsome (and patient) husband, aka Big Dude, who tolerates my sense of humor. (Let’s see if he actually reads this blog.)
4. I try but I still have yet to figure out how to have any patience for others. My Little Dude and Big Dude would appreciate if I could find help with this–pronto. I’m not sure if writing a blog helps but it doesn’t seem to be hurting either.
5. I still have my clarinet and violin from my middle school and high school band geek days. I foolishly think that I will be able to pick them back up and play something recognizable even though I have not played them in many, many years. I refuse to let go of this dream.
6. I would like to write a book. And, sell it. And, retire.
7. I think my photography is pretty great, too. I would like to sell it. And, retire. (insert shameless self-plug here: Gingerlea Photography)
Next, fifteen blogs that I love and would like to nominate for the same honor:
This is a real friend of mine and the reason why I had the guts to start a blog in the first place. Kalli inspires me to do better. All of the time.
Courtney shares her own (sometimes) brutally honest yet heartfelt adventures of being a bipolar Mom. She will make you love your own crazy.
Camilla is a lovely mom of two, special needs coach, motivational speaker and a newly published author. She’s just awesome!
It is just fun to watch someone else load up the RV and live the dream, NASCAR included.
I’m not sure if he is crazy or not. Maybe not. This (self-named) Old Geezer is fun to follow. It looks like he is building a new house on his rural California property and I am enjoying watching the progress.
If you would like to see some eclectic Nevada, Chad Sorg delivers.
Random surf information for the Oregon coast, nice photos and a piece of poetry of two. They don’t post much but it’s always interesting.
I have an inner surfer. I love to watch. That’s all.
I like this one because I like vintage cameras.
I don’t know this guy but I completely look forward to all of his posts. He’s hilarious. And, he knows how to use a camera. Read this stuff, it IS good for you.
Cool, schwanky photos.
This is hip, happening preschool teacher works at a learning co-op in Seattle. I don’t always agree with everything he posts but I love reading it all just the same.
I love this mommy and all of her recipes.
Awesome old New York Times photos, sometimes with a backstory … sometimes not.
This is a big, mega website/blog/empire. I don’t know if they need extra blog love but I still love the website and am inspired by what they post. If you haven’t been there, go.
The “RULES” are that once you are nominated, you do the same. Seven things about yourself and fifteen blogs you want to share. Don’t worry — I won’t check to see if you do it. But, I do know that it feels pretty good when someone else gives you a compliment.